This BOHS Endorsed training course is aimed at providing attendees with a basic understanding of local exhaust ventilation and knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of those parties involved in LEV i.e. the employer, designers, installation contractor, LEV Examiner, maintenance and user.
Under H&S legislation employers are responsible for ensuring that any contractor appointed to undertake works is competent to do so.
This LEV Awareness course focuses on providing employers and their staff with a knowledge base to ask pertinent questions of contractors, a level of understanding to enable them to determine competency of contractors and an understanding of their responsibilities with regards to LEV.
Who should attend:
- Maintenance Team
- Anyone who owns or is responsible for operating or maintaining LEV systems as part of their work.
LEV Awareness Schedule (1 day):
- Why should LEV be used?
- What is LEV?
- Responsibilities of those involved with LEV
- Installation and Commissioning
- Thorough Examination and Test
- Inspections and Routine Checks
- Demonstration of visual methods of establish LEV System control – Smoke Test and Dust Lamp test.
- Demonstration of testing equipment to measure face velocities, static pressure and velocities in ductwork.
The day ends with a short multiple choice quiz.
Delegates will be awarded a BOHS Certificate of Achievement – LEV Awareness
Amy Jackson BSc, MSc, PgCert, GradIOSH, AFOH
£225 plus VAT per delegate plus BOHS exam fee.
Should you wish to hold a training course at your premises please contact us